Be Kind. Be Calm. Be Safe.
Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury’s Response to COVID-19
Updated as of December 1, 2020
We are pleased to present a brief overview of our approach to COVID-19. Like most businesses, we have experienced a lot of changes and adjustments over the past months. We are working daily to follow the most stringent safety practices, which are updated as mandated and as we work to develop best practices in general. We trust you will appreciate this summary of specific details so that your decision to stay at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury is one based on confidence and convenience. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by phone (902-625-0320) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As much as possible, we will be directing guests to our drive-up rooms and asking that they stay in their rooms as much as possible. When meals are desired, we can provide room service.
- Upon the departure of a guest, the room is assigned to the “resting stage,” which ensures that our staff are not at risk from air-borne pathogens.
- After the resting phase, a member of our COVID-19 team enters the guestroom [following personal safety protocols] and sanitizes and disinfects the room. Bed linens, shower curtains, towels, etc., are taken to the laundry immediately. Any extra amenities [decorative pillows, foot scarfs, etc.] have been removed for the foreseeable future.
- Disinfectant is applied to the entire room and left to rest for the required time period.
- Room attendants re-enter the room to begin the complete cleaning process following our COVID-19 adjusted “Quality 1st Protocol,” taking the extra time required to ensure that all identified touch points are thoroughly sanitized a second time.
- Our housekeeping team will not be entering occupied rooms, for the time being. If you are here for an extended period and are in need of replacement amenities and/or towels, please call the front desk and we will happily drop off anything you need outside your door. If you would like to move to a fresh room at any point during your stay, please call the front desk, and we will arrange the transfer.
We have developed extensive internal protocols for our restaurant. And we are confident that the consultation process between the Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia and the Department of Health has provided the safety protocols necessary to ensure a pleasant and safe dining experience. Changes to operations include:
- We ask that hotel guests order room service or takeout instead of dining in the restaurant.
- We will be implementing complete compliance with the Department of Health protocol as a minimum standard.
- When your party arrives, we will take your temperatures and one name and number per party should they be required for contact tracing purposes.
- We are screening guests to ensure that those who travelled outside the Atlantic bubble have already completed the required quarantine period.
- We will maintain a minimum of two meters between the back of the chairs of all tables.
- We have introduced natural social distancing barriers on the patio and in the dining room.
- We have eliminated pre-setting of tables and introduced condiment trays.
- We have introduced a table disinfectant process following the departure of each party [disinfected for a minimum of 10 minutes and then cleaned with potable water] prior to the table becoming available for the next guests.
- We have introduced extensive new bathroom protocols [installed locks to create single use in all public washrooms; availability of other public area restrooms; regular sanitization process; wipes for guest use on door handles, etc.]
- Dining parties may not exceed the limits set out by Public Health Officials (currently capped at 10 individuals).
- Food and beverage takeout menu options will be available on property.
- We are also following extensive internal staff social distancing protocols.
- We are using touchless applications for payment whenever possible.
- We have introduced enhanced travel paths throughout hallways.
- We have redesigned our patio for social distancing, optimum privacy, and an enjoyable outdoor dining experience.
- Stationary payment terminals will be wiped down after each use.
- Masks are now mandatory for staff and guests, with the exception of guests who are drinking or eating their meals.
- All Maritime Inn staff are required to monitor symptoms daily and record their temperatures before clocking in for work.
- Masks are mandatory in all public areas of the hotel, as per government regulations.
- If a guest or team member exhibits symptoms or contracts COVID-19, Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury will follow all Public Health Directives.
- We have implemented pre-registration whenever possible to minimize lobby time for the check-in process.
- We have implemented social distancing measures and partitions to ensure mutual safety. The front desk is equipped with a Plexiglass shield for the protection of our guests and staff.
- We are conducting routine disinfecting of all public area components with approved antimicrobial disinfectants. The front desk area is disinfected every hour.
- All guests are encouraged to use debit/credit cards as a method of payment on property.
- Guests will receive a copy of their receipt by email unless otherwise requested.
- Upon checkout, guests will be asked to drop their keys in the key box. Keys will be sanitized before reuse.
- We have introduced in-depth inventory management and control of guest rooms with the Quality Assurance Coordinator responsible for COVID-19 Protocol implementation with respect to guest room inventory management. Safety is our first priority!
- Effective December 3, our pool and fitness centre will be closed until further notice. All current fitness centre memberships will be honored for the remainder of their membership time when our gym and pool reopen. At the time of reopening, we will contact all current members and announce our reopening date on social media.
- We have limited the number of exercise machines in the fitness centre to ensure social distancing.
- Everyone who enters the fitness center is required to sign in and out and sanitize their hands before entering.
- The maximum number of people in the fitness center is 8. The maximum number of people in the pool is 15.
- The fitness center will be deep cleaned every day and disinfected at regular intervals. Front desk can inform you of daily disinfecting times so you can plan your workout or swim accordingly.
- As per our standard procedures, all guests are asked to wipe down the equipment with the sanitizers provided before and after use, for your protection and the protection of others.